At the Service
Next-generation laboratory support
for next-gen oncology research.
Targeting Progression. Enabling Progress.
Supporting the Success of Precision Medicine from Concept Through Commercial Delivery
With a service-first mindset, specialized laboratory capabilities, and the agility to adapt as next-generation oncology therapies evolve,
Acutis Biosciences stands At the Service of Science. Put your next project in capable and dependable hands with a partner experienced
in drug discovery, clinical trial services, and companion diagnostic development.
on-time delivery of
high-quality sequencing data
for oncology research
project plans and
leading sample tracking logistics
- Comprehensive NGS gene panels
- Sequenced tissue and liquid biopsies
- Anatomic and molecular pathology testing
- Indication-focused in-depth gene signatures
- PCR and ddPCR
- IHC and FISH
Clinical Sample Services
- Custom kit development
- Robust sample tracking & reconciliation
- Unequivocal logistical expertise
A Service-first Mindset
for Oncology Translational Research
Your success is a measure of ours.
In collaboration with your teams, we tailor our approach to meet your project’s unique needs to answer questions, identify solutions, and deliver results that help you enhance a drug’s probability of success.
“By prioritizing service for our biopharmaceutical partners, we meet the unique needs of each project, formulate flexible solutions, and embrace every opportunity to advance their project’s potential.
While grounded in the most advanced science, we execute with the Acutis service-first mindset.”
CEO, Acutis Diagnostics
Robust Testing for Clinical Trial Samples
With NGS capabilities for highly regulated clinical testing and research studies,
Acutis is building on a history of more than 20 clinical assays that have been approved by the New York Department of Health.
Acutis Align™ Oncology Portfolio
Designed to support prospective genomic screening for patient
enrollment in clinical trials, as well as retrospective analyses to help
explain clinical outcomes and drug target discovery:
▪ Paired tissue, ctDNA, and germline sequencing for screening
▪ Liquid biopsy for patient monitoring and characterization
of possible treatment-resistant mutations.
Following each sequencing analysis, our experts analyze the data
generated and interpret the results for you.
* Our CLIA-certified laboratory runs proprietary oncology assays validated by regulatory standards
and best practice guidelines, planned for submission to the New York Department of Health.
- Pan-cancer comprehensive genomic sequencing.
- Solid tumors (FFPE): 523 genes for DNA variants and 55 genes for RNA fusion and splice variants.
- Liquid biopsies (ctDNA): 523 genes for DNA variants and 23 genes for DNA fusion.
- Variants called: SNVs, MNVs, InDels, CNVs, Fusions/Rearrangements, Splice Variants
- The assay also measures key immune-oncology biomarkers: microsatellite instability (MSI) and tumor mutational burden (TMB).
Hereditary cancer panels for whole blood or saliva:
- 113 genes related to cancer predisposition
- Includes 125 SNPs—48 ID SNPs, 77 for polygenic risk scoring (PRS)
- Broad coverage of genetic alterations in tissue and liquid biopsy
- Acutis Align targeted panels provide in-depth coverage of the most actionable genes and mutations that are specific to each cancer type.
- Acutis Align pan-cancer comprehensive panels provide a more extensive molecular profile that provides a larger footprint for clinical decisions and research.
> Tests available in Q1 2023
"Comprehensive genomic profiling identifies a tumor’s ‘fingerprint’, allowing us to extract key diagnostic insights that can inform the development of next-generation targeted therapies.
This is what makes personalized medicine possible.”
Chief Scientific Officer, Executive Vice President,
Biopharma and Diagnostic Services
Dr Abdel Halim
Targeted Specialty Laboratory Services
To meet your translational research needs, we offer supporting molecular diagnostics and anatomic pathology services to complete the picture from comprehensive NGS profiling.
While a gene copy number (CN) can be estimated by NGS, your may require ISH, still a “gold standard,” to assess a target gene amplification or loss. The test can be performed on smaller amounts of tissue compared to NGS. ISH offering includes the assays approved by FDA as companion diagnostics or patient management.
Acutis offers qPCR as an alternative to NGS in some cases where the target can be limited to specific mutations that can be performed on smaller amount of sample with a quicker turn-around-time. Our PCR offering includes the assays approved by FDA as companion diagnostics or patient management.
ddPCR is a novel molecular biology technique that provides absolute quantification of target nucleic acids without the need for an external calibrator. While qPCR assay has a broader dynamic range, ddPCR assay has a significantly higher degree of sensitivity and precision.
A tissue sample can be profiled at nucleic acid level via NGS, PCR, ddPCR, or ISH but IHC is unique in its ability to characterize a biomarker at a protein level and can demonstrate the protein spatial configuration within tumor cells or tumor microenvironment. The test can be performed on a tiny amount of tissue within a short turn-around-time. IHC offering includes the assays approved by FDA as companion diagnostics or patient management.
In addition to screening of each ISH or IHC slides by a board-certified pathologist, Acutis performs full slide scan to score broader areas of interests and provide the scan to a client for independent review, making annotated image for a presentation or publication, and/or use the scan as a permanent study record.
Services – Logistics
Biological samples are precious and irreplaceable, highlighting the importance of proper sample tracking and reconciliation. With more than 3 million patient samples managed, we have sample tracking down to a science.
- LIMS sample tracking from acquisition to analysis
- Kitting, logistics, and biorepository services
- Real-time sample processing, including:
- CTC enumeration, PBMC isolation, and fresh tumor biopsy fixation and embedding.
“Genomic innovations profoundly impact the way we understand and treat disease. Our success as genomics experts depends on a spirit of deep collaboration with biopharmaceutical partners so that together we can tackle their project challenges and achieve our greatest successes.”
Executive Vice President, Acutis Diagnostics